Monday, January 5, 2009

New year, New fear

So its been almost a month since my first post and man has some shit gone down! Besides the obvious festivities of Xmas and New Years there has been a couple of interesting developments in my humble life. One is that I have graduated from Culinary school (thank you, thank you). It was a long couple of years but I'm both elated and somber about the fact that I won't be taking classes there anymore. I know its cliche, but that's how it goes. I do look forward to starting a few new ventures (this blog being one) and reconnecting with a couple old projects.


I am currently in the middle of writing an article for Baltimore Metromix about daily specials in restaurants around the Federal Hill/ Locust Point area. It amazes me that there are still restaurants that open and have no fucking web presence whatsoever. I mean, its been the norm now for years! It also makes me laugh when I see that low end to middle rung restaurants think that they are above giving diners daily "specials" to entice people to go to their restaurants. In this economy you better damn sure as shit have a "burger night" or "two for Tuesday". People are tired of tuna tartare at $12 a pop and they want a good mac and cheese (get that dry shit out of my face) for around $6. Is that asking too much? We will see in the next couple of months I guess when restaurants start dropping like flies. The article I am doing will be done next week. I'll let you know when its posted and I'll provide a link.



My other endeavour this month is to stay completely sober for the whole month of January. To some this may sound really easy, but to others its a horrifying proposition. I did it last year with great success and this year is going well (5 days in mind you). Its just a way of clearing my head and preparing for things to come in the new year. Also, its unbelievable how much work I can get done on many projects I have going. For those of you who know me, you know I like to have a soda pop now and again, and why taking a month off is such a big deal for me. Oh well, see you at the bars on Feb. 1.



I know I haven't posted the "Shit Show" pics, but they are coming. I want to make sure I put up photos that haven't been printed on Metromix.

By the way, have you heard that Tony Bourdain is in Baltimore? Apparenly shooting an episode of No Reservations? Looks like I picked a bad week to stop drinking.



F your F

Johnny

1 comment:

Dara Bunjon said...

Welcome to the blog world I think yours will be most interesting. Much good fortune. Giving you a link on Dining Dish